Safari Stan’s Pet Center offers valuable information on caring for your cat and choosing a kitten that is right for you. We have a wide selection of products for kittens and full grown cats alike. We offer everything you need to care for and even spoil your “baby.” We offer all the products you will need to meet your pet’s four basic needs.
Toys – Cats are natural predators and need to hunt. Toys provide interactive (kitten & owner) and passive (kitten alone) stimulation. We recommend 4 – 6 toys to be interchanged regularly.
Harness/Collar & Lead – Necessary for identification tags, and keeps cat under control and safe. Use a cat safety collar if the cat will be outside.
Bells – Alerts birds and other animals of kitten’s presence, alerts you of your kitten’s whereabouts.
Cat Furniture – Provides your pet with a place to perch and scratch, protects household furniture.
Cat Treats – Rewards behavior during training.
Housebreaking Aids – Spray Catnip – Attracts kitten to cat furniture. A scented spray attracts kittens to acceptable elimination areas. Positive reinforcement when training and creating desirable housebreaking behaviors.
Deterrents or Repellents – Helps keep kitten away from household furniture and off-limit areas and from specific items and areas (chewing, biting, and establishing boundaries).
Behavior Modification Tools, Training information, breed information & instructions for ongoing care.
- Brush & Comb – Good brushing habits keep your kitten’s coat healthy and reduces unwanted shedding. Great socialization activity.
- Shampoo – Tearless kitten shampoos are gentle enough for frequent use. Never use human shampoo – it has inappropriate pH levels and is for human hair and skin.
- Coat Conditioner/Crème Rinse – Especially important for long-haired breeds, these products reduce matting and tangles.
- Hairball Remedy – Will help pass and prevent hairballs.
- Shed Reducer – Food supplement to reduce shedding.
- Nail Clippers & File – Start nail trimming habits early and keep nails short and smooth on a regular basis.
- Styptic Powder – Will stop bleeding quickly and relieves the pain if a nail is cut too short.
- Litter Pan and Hood – Establishes proper place for elimination. We recommend one cat pan for every cat at home. A hood will reduce odor and mess, and provide privacy.
- Litter Deodorant – Will help manage litter box odors.
- Kitty Litter – There are many options designed for ease of cleaning, length of use, and odor reduction.
- Litter Pan Liners – Makes cleaning much easier, protects pan and reduces odors.
- Stain and Odor Remover – Enzymatically breaks down organic stains that attract the cat back to the same areas.
- Tear Stain Remover & Ear Cleaner – Keeps eyes and ears clean to prevent infection and stains.
- Flea & Tick Product – Prevents and eliminates flea and tick outbreaks.
- Kitten Book – Training information, breed information & instructions for ongoing care
Environmental / Environmental Needs Needs
- Water Bottle – The most sanitary option for providing water in a kitten’s kennel.
Food and Water Bowls – Containers for kitten to eat and drink from. Stainless steel and ceramic are the most durable and hardest to tip over.
- Cat Condo, Scratching posts, & Bed – A comfortable place for your kitten to play, sleep and rest.
- Identification Tag – To assist in the recovery of your pet if he is lost.
Premium Grade Cat Food – Ensures proper nutrition–check for quality ingredients.
Appetite Stimulant – High-calorie dietary supplement. Extremely important during environmental changes. Encourages good eating habits and combats hypoglycemia.